Monday Brain-Meal #1; link-love to relieve Mondayitis.
Monday’s cop their fair share of flack. As people begrudgingly clip their corporate shackles back into place, or slink bleary-eyed into the lecture hall, Monday can feel like a right pain in the glut.
1. Get a better job! In fact, screw convention and become a Jaques of all trades à la Tim Ferris. Study something you love. Take the road less traveled (and more clichéd!). What’s stopping you?
Did I solve your burning existential, mid-life crisis? No?
Well, in the interim…
2. Indulge in some linky-dinky interweb love. Surely I’m not the only one who relishes reading a host of nerdy articles on my iPhone while squished on the morning commute? Nothing takes away the pain of having to inhale a bus-full of business-jocks’ Old Spice more than engrossing health journalism.
For your reading pleasure.
- I *love* Sarah Wilson. She is pretty much my health, lifestyle and super-woman idol. Her articles never fail to stimulate the nether regions of my brain (not those nether regions), and if you’re not already up on her blog, it’s time you filled that gaping void. This article on fructose is one of the most accessible summaries on the dangers of sugar to date. I’m sure you’ll continue trawling from there. Thank me later.
- How cool would it be to market and sustain yourself passively from one innovative idea? Time to get crackin’ on the brilliance and throw that seedling-of-an-invention out there into the universe.
- Ever wondered how many toxins were lurking in those seemingly innocuous household items? Here’s an eye-opening article detailing just that.
- An awesome pep talk on why you should include resistance training in your fitness regime from one of my favourite Aussie health-living bloggers, Amanda. Go you good thing.
- Awww sheeeet. Were you one of the women who received the Gardasil vaccine as a matter of course? This is why we need to question everything that is thrust upon up by the ‘health’ bodies that be. Let’s inform people of just what they’re signing up for when they agree to be vaccinated.
- A very awesome summary of everything you ever wanted to know about different kinds of oils. Mark’s Daily Apple has my heart, fo’evs.
- This isn’t an article as such, but a beautiful website you can look to for makin’ the happy times. Daily Om, daily awesome!
- And because life is about kicking-ass, here is an article to help you do just that.